This course expands on the brewing foundation module and is designed to introduce the concept of scientifically measuring coffee extraction and to explore the elements of coffee brewing. Brewing intermediate helps coffee professionals manipulate brewing techniques and parameters to improve coffee quality.
- History and overview of the science behind brewing
- Understanding the difference between strength and extraction
- Measuring and charting filter coffee and espresso
- Brewing guidelines and mechanics of desirable extraction
- Elementary aspects of coffee grinding and grind professional services
- Effects of roast level on coffee flavor