Additionally, it is recommended that students have 6-12 months of professional experience in a position related to the coffee supply chain.
This course is designed to build on the knowledge gained in the Green Coffee Foundation course and prepare the student for more complex job functions found in the green coffee profession.
- Botany and agronomy are developed further
- Processing is explored in more detail and quality as a result of processing is introduced as a concept
- Defects as well as positive grading variables are introduced to the student
- Core elements of green coffee contracts are introduced
- Grading and quality differentiation with regard to contracts is introduced
- Seasonality and quality storage variables are introduced as concepts
- Market terminology is developed further
- Decaffeination is developed further
- Mechanisms of certification are explored in further detail.